Remote Controlled Quadricopter Drone $299.99

This has got to be the most amazing flying remote controlled toy that is out there in the market today. The Remote Controlled Quadricopter Drone (4/5 stars) is controllable via iPhone, iPad, and iTouch!! If your kids don't jump out of their skin when you give them this bad boy as a gift, nothing will. I've got to admit after a week of having this I bought another one cause my son won't let me play with it for more than a few minutes. And I've been owning him in dogfights ever since :)

This piece of art is not just your everyday flying RC, it is a combination of physical gaming AND video gaming. That's where the iPhone / iPad / iTouch come in, the Quadricopter has an on board wifi that connects to either devices. It's also called an augmented reality toy because you can fly it like normal, or if you have two Quadricopters, you can have a dogfight with your teen and shoot at each other via the iPhone.

The Quadricopter has two cameras that you can use on your device, and this is where you view the dogfighting. Click the picture to watch an actual video of what RC Quadricopter can do. Not only can it fly well it's also a very fun video game if you own two Quadricopters.

Remote Controlled Quadricopter Drone FAQ

Some FAQs I had before I bought this, I will answer it now for you.

1. After buying the quadricopter drone, would you recommend it for kids?
-No, I would not recommend it for kids below 10 years old. They have to be willing to read the quick start guide manual to learn to control and use this toy, especially the iPhone part where they can play with others who own a Quad.

2. Do you need to be in a wide outdoor area to play with this RC toy?
-If you just want to FLY it? No, you don't. Actually the quadricopter comes with 2 builds, 1 hull for indoor use (with guards to protect the body) and a more aerodynamic hull, for outdoor use.If you plan on dogfighting, you definitely want to go outdoors. It would be boring if both of you just hovered infront of each other and start shooting. You can but indoors is just basically to play and hover around.

The video I attached below is of a kid who just got a new copter and is playing with it indoors.

3. What does the Quadricopter iPhone game look like?
-It looks just like this :

4. Do I need to use the iPhone to play with the Quadricopter?
-No, you can just look at it and control it as is, just like any remote controlled plane/hovercraft/helicopter. But the cameras serve two purposes, 1 is that it is needed for dogfighting with other quad owners, and 2 it is much much easier to control the copter when it is meters away from you. It's like being inside the actual cockpit of your copter.

5. How accurate are the controls/movement of the copter? How responsive is it?
-The controls are responsive and surprisingly very accurate. To give you an idea of how accurate it is, I put on the guarded hull (just incase I screw up, break a vase, and my wife beats me), then I open all our windows and doors and fly this around and ABOVE our house. Not at top speed of course, just hovering and maneuvering slowly around the corners. I also chase cats on the roof with it when I can :) This toy makes me feel like I'm 40-teen.

There is also an "emergency button" which just shuts down the copter and makes it land. On the above picture, the button on the right will be smaller if it's not yet in flight. That's the ignition.

6. Is the drone really kid friendly?
- Yes, it is. You don't have to bean actual helicopter pilot to fly the quadricopter. There's a manual for you to follow if you get lost. If your kid just wants to play around with it, it's really very easy too because the Quadricopter has "autopilot". The auto pilot, or auto stabilizer if you will, will make the RC copter hover perfectly if you do not move it. Say you were moving it forwards, backwards, up or down, and you think you're losing control. Simply stop giving it directions and auto pilot will take control and it will remain hovering perfectly where it's at.

That's what I recommend to do over using the "emergency button". The emergency button is just basically an off switch. Only use the emergency button function when you have let the auto pilot take over. Otherwise if you use it in midflight, the momentum might make your copter crash.

Quadricopter Video

Indoor flight


Writing this made me want to go play with my copter. Thanks for reading :)

0 Reviews:

Post Your Own Review